We have lots and lots of SUNSHINE, warm, balmy WEATHER, and some of the best BEACHES in the country. So, what’s not to love about living in the Tampa Bay Area?
But even paradise has its price. Living on or near the water means that there is also the possibility of water intrusion and flooding, especially during hurricane season. This doesn’t have to keep us from enjoying our beautiful area if we educate ourselves about the possible hazards that accompany our lifestyle near the water.
To see if your home is located in a flood zone, click the link below to view the Pinellas County Flood Information website.
This website offers a wealth of information, including:
- Flood Prevention Measures
- Community Rating System
- Retrofitting Methods to Flood-proof Your Home
- Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- Emergency Management Local Disaster Information
- National Flood Insurance Program Information